Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bad at Blogging, Worse at Cleaning. :(

Apparently I suck at blogging. I haven't written anything on here in weeks! Here's a little something I made for my concepts in visual arts class a few weeks ago to show you I haven't been completely unproductive!
The point of this assignment was to portray a little known fact about a famous person, using collage techniques and using ONLY photos from magazines. Anyways, I found a ton of pictures from space in a national geographic magazine and cut them out to look like Carl Sagan and pot leaves because he was a big supporter of legalizing marijuana.

In other news, my kitchen is an absolute MESS. Like, it is unbelievable how messy it is right now. I don't even know how it got that way! It was super clean at one point last week and then all of a sudden it's super messy! Perhaps I will take before and after pictures of it and show you people what I'm talking about! If I don't, it's because I don't know where my camera is hiding.

Anyways, prepare yourselves for a super awesome blog post in the near future! This weekend I am hosting a Beatles party as a combined birthday party for myself and my friend Mike and I promise there will be some great Beatles themed recipes and decor!

Also, my latest art project for my concepts in visual arts class involves using the myth of Prometheus and relating it to a current event. So if anyone has any breakthroughs on that topic, please let me know. I am considering making it about Julian Assange and how he gave information from the government to the people and was then arrested which kind of mirrors the story of Prometheus in which he steals fire from the gods and gives it to humans, and is then chained to a rock where an eagle eats his liver out every day for the rest of his life. Okay, so I'm pretty sure liver-eating eagles have nothing to do with the wikileaks guy, but there are definitely other similarities between the stories. Anyways, I am thinking of using that as inspiration but having trouble thinking of an artistic way to portray it. Especially because when I think of wikileaks, no images in particular come to mind. :( I guess I will keep thinking about this for a while and see what I can come up with.

I'm going to go clean the kitchen then I'm off to class! Hope your evening is more fun than mine. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment