Monday, March 14, 2011

New Piano, Cute Guinea Pigs, and Failed Art.

Today Ben bought a brand spankin' new piano for our apartment! Well, actually he's renting it for a year but it's one of those rent-to-own sort of dealios. Anyways, that's pretty exciting! I think we might try offering piano lessons to kids in our area. The guy at the piano store told us he'd put our names on a list of piano teachers that he recommends if we wanted. He also said the cheapest piano lessons he's heard of around here are $15 per half hour lesson so we should charge at least that. Holy moly! Right? That's a lot of money for fun work!

After our trip to the piano store we went to Pet Junction to get some guinea pig food. They sell it in bulk there for really cheap! They also have other types of bulk pet food and doggy treats so I'd recommend checking it out if you have one in your area! There was a nine week old border collie puppy in the store when we went there and I could hardly handle the cuteness! :)

Here's some cuteness for you! My guinea pigs Merry and Pippin.





Pippin is the sleeping one, Merry is the fat one. We got their cage at a rummage sale and I haven't been able to get those weird stains off the glass, I'm not sure what they're from or what to do about them. Also, their ghetto water bottle/log/clothespin contraption is something I'm not really sure how to explain. Basically, the problem is we don't have hooks to hang the water bottle on the side of the cage so my dad tried to rig something up with a hanger. When that didn't work we just stuck it in the log (but it falls through without the duct tape around it) and never bothered taking the hanger off. Then my mom thought she'd figure out a way for their hay to be within reach but not on the ground where they walk all over it so she attached a clothespin to the hanger and clipped their hay into it. Unfortunately the guinea pigs were scared and confused by the clothespin so they refused to eat from it. So there you have it. That's the story of our MacGyver inspired guinea pig cage.

Anyways, as for my creative project for the day, I'm afraid I've been rather unsuccessful. I did make a painting but I am no where near happy with it. Perhaps I will post photos of it tomorrow after making some changes. Otherwise I will make it my goal to create TWO new paintings/ sculptures/recipes/whatever tomorrow! But just to show you guys I really WAS working on something today, I will take a picture of my rough preliminary sketch.

Ok, so actually I've decided to show you my painting thus far because maybe you can offer suggestions I haven't thought of! It's always helpful to get constructive criticism, especially when you feel a bit stuck (which is where I'm at right now.) I want to retouch it a bit and add some more detail I think, but then I wonder if it will be worth it or if I'm going to end up hating this painting in the end anyways. Here you go! Rip it apart please. I need some guidance.
Also, there isn't a random dark area in the background on the left side, that was just a shadow from me taking the picture. Have a nice night world! I think I'm going to get to bed. I've got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment